Private Policy Last Updated on 01st January 2015
What and Why We Collect
We may collect the following information (but not limited to):
- Full name, Occupation and Employment Details
- Age, Gender, Date of Birth, National Registration Identity Number (NRIC) & Passport Details
- Race, Ethnic Origin & Nationality
- Contact Information including the following; o Billing Address
- Home Address
- Email Address
- Social Media Addresses
- Fax and Telephone Numbers
- Marital Status, Details of Spouse, Children or Immediate Family Members, Occupation, Income Range and other relevant details
- Financial and Banking Account Details.
- Photographs and any other relevant information requested from time to time by JPS TRAVEL & TOURS to enable us to provide you with our services and products, or to enter into business / contractual transactions (including employment, (where relevant) and purchases of our products / services or refunds.
For the purposes of business transactions or maintaining our database, JPS TRAVEL & TOURS may also request the following information and preferences (but not limited to):
- Room Selections
- Car & Rent a Car Companies
- Frequent Flyer
- Loyalty Program Numbers
- Dietary Requirements
- Health issues relevant to your travel arrangements
What we do with the information we gather
The information is required for better understanding of your needs enabling JPS TRAVEL & TOURS to provide a more efficient service, particularly for the following reasons:
- Maintaining Data Base and Record Keeping.
- To effectively create airline flight reservations and with or without ground arrangements which includes accommodation, transfers, tours.
- For the purchase of travel insurance, visa applications, and for any operational requirements, all other purposes directly or indirectly relating to travel arrangements.
- Where necessary, for credit evaluation and investigation.
- Processing of payment for business purposes in purchasing any of our products or services
- Where necessary, to obtain legal advice in enforcing our legal rights to any remedy.
We may use the information for Marketing Campaigns Conducted by JPS TRAVEL & TOURS
Periodically, email you with notification or information on any new products, services, special offers or other information which may be of interest to you.
- We may also contact you for market research purposes which includes but not limited to Market and Customer Pattern Analysis. Such contact may be through email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To process any payments related to your request for services or transactions.
- To facilitate your participation in any contests or in any of our promotional and marketing events.
- JPS TRAVEL & TOURS internal records management, customer relations events and activities, and customer loyalty reward programs.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
- Direct or Indirect Enquiry or through our registration form duly completed by you
- Online sites owned and managed by JPS TRAVEL & TOURS
- Reservations with us
- Contractual agreement or arrangements
- Third parties which includes, travel agents, travel aggregators, online portals and various promotional campaigns undertaken by JPS TRAVEL & TOURS wherein you have participated.
Security & With Whom We Share Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that information supplied by you is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we have collected. All or part of the information is shared with the following entities for the purpose of completing tour travel requests or required by any statutory bodies including any requirement by law, if any.
- Officers of JPS TRAVEL & TOURS for the purposes of our business and / or regulatory bodies.
- Suppliers for operational reasons, o Airlines
- Ground Operators or International Tour Operators
- Rail Companies
- Cruise Liners / Operators
- Regulatory Bodies with oversight authority in the Travel and Tours Industry
- Any party where such disclosure is required by law.
- Other parties with contractual ties with JPS TRAVEL & TOURS
These suppliers may also contact you, as and when necessary, to obtain or provide additional information or travel updates to facilitate your travel reservations, or respond to a review you may submit.
We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as required to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services could be noticed because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. These business partners may utilise such information but not limited to Online Flight Reservations, Hotel Reservations, Cruise Companies, Car Rental Companies etc.
Update and Correction of Information
Information could be updated, corrected for deleted by contacting our travel consultants or by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your travelled profile, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
If you wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete or modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below. You may revoke your consent to the processing of your information by sending an email to the address listed below although we may continue to process some information for a limited period of time in order to meet our legal or regulatory obligations or to meet our legitimate business needs.
Your Choices with Respect to Collection and Use of Your Information
You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be required to make or complete your travel bookings. At the same time, you also can add, correct or update information and close your account as described above. The opportunity to unsubscribe from messages in any such email we send will also be provided through the links provided in messages. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting with your prior approval.